To book an urgent same day appointment, please call the care navigators on 0161 445 9000.
This applies whether you wish to book an urgent, same day appointment, or whether your request is for a routine matter.
In order to allocate you the most appropriate clinical resource, the care navigators will ask you about the nature of your appointment, using a triaging system that has been written by our doctors. You will then be booked into the most appropriate appointment available for your problem or, where appropriate, be signposted to other local services.
Our care navigators are here to help and will always try to accommodate your requests wherever possible. Continuity of care is important to us so we will always try to give you an appointment with your named GP, or with a clinician you have requested, but this may not always be possible.
To request a routine appointment up to 6 weeks in advance during opening times:
- phone us on 0161 445 9000
- visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist
- use your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App) or Patient Access to book an appointment, screening test or vaccination
When you get in touch, we’ll ask what you need help with.
We will use your answers to choose the most suitable doctor, nurse or health professional to help you.
First Contact Practitioner (FCP) physiotherapist appointments
A First Contact Practitioner Physiotherapist (FCP) is a highly skilled Musculoskeletal (MSK) practitioner. Patients presenting to the surgery with a MSK problem can see a FCP for their first appointment, speeding up their MSK assessment, management plan and (if appropriate) investigations and referral onwards.
- fill out an ask a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) physiotherapist a question form
- fill out a request an appointment with a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) physiotherapist form
However you choose to contact us, we may offer you a consultation:
- by phone
- face to face at the surgery
- on a video call
- by text or email
Appointments by phone, video call or by text or email can be more flexible and often means you get help sooner.
Booking longer appointments
Please consider whether you will need to book a longer appointment when seeing a clinician. Please ask a member of staff when booking your appointment.
General practice is here for you for longer as routine appointments become available on evenings and weekends
Our practice is working together with Didsbury Medical Practice, Kingsway Medical Centre and David Medical Centre to offer patients evening and weekend appointments.
From 1st October 2022, Primary Care Networks, groups of General Practices working together to deliver key health and care services, will be increasing access to pre-bookable, routine appointments at evenings and weekends.
Enhanced access appointments may include services like cervical screening, childhood vaccination clinics and health checks. People will be able to see a member of the general practice team, a GP, nurse or other health professional.
The appointments offered via enhanced access will be held at Barlow Medical Centre and Burnage Healthcentre and may be with a different clinician than usual. This clinician will have access to your health records and will be able to treat you in the same way as we would.
You can access these appointments via our reception team.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
To cancel your appointment:
- use your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App)
- using the GP online system: Patient Access
- phone us on 0161 445 9000 during opening times
- reply CANCEL to your appointment reminder text message
If you need help when we are closed
NHS 111 online is for people aged 5 and over. Call 111 if you need help for a child under 5.
Call 999 in a medical or mental health emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- if there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond
- if you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- if you need an interpreter
- if you have any other access or communication needs
If you are housebound and need an appointment, we will do a home visit. We will phone you first to understand what you need.
To request a home visit, it’s helpful if you phone the practice as soon before 09:30 if possible.